Dilofo, which is built at an altitude of 900m on the slopes of mountain Timfi, is one of the most authentically traditional villages of the Zagori. It expanded and developed during the 18th century acquiring its final form which it maintains today. Up until 1920 it was named “Sopotseli”, translated from the Slavic, meaning “place with ample water”. Its advantageous position in the central Zagori gives visitors easy access to the other surrounding villages namely Monodendri, Vitsa, Papigo and Kapesovo, as well as natural treasures such as Vikos Gorge, Beloi and Kokkori arch bridge.
Dilofo is a characteristically traditional settlement without any contemporary interventions, thus motor vehicles are prohibited from roaming the quiet lanes.
The stone built laneways lead to approximately 100 manors of which very few are inhabited today, the Mesochori, the central square, which is separated into Ano (upper) and Kato (down) Machala, with the imposing building of the Anagnostopouleios School and centuries old tree.
A little higher, one can find a 1850 building, the church of Panagia Koimiseos Theotokou while on the outskirts of the village one can visite the small churches of Agia Paraskevi, Panagia Sotiros and Taxiarchon.